Vista Musical Instruments is an innovative, global collective of music-related brands dedicated to building meaningful products and experiences for the music community. Brands include MONO, Teisco, Harmony, Heritage Guitars and Swee Lee. Vista Musical Instruments is headquartered in Singapore, with operations in USA, UK and APAC, and is a division of Caldecott Music Group.
We’re looking for a Product Design Executive to join our Product team. You will be providing assistance for designing innovative products for our market-leading brands in the music instruments industry; these products include but are not limited to musical instruments (e.g. guitars), instrument cases, pedals, and music-related accessories.
- Design innovative concepts and ideate music instruments products and accessories
- Assist in shaping the product roadmap, both short term and long-term
- Perform market research and competitive analysis which help to inspire product strategy and inform decision-making
- Create design concepts and drawings to determine and visualise product
- Design or assist to design the best experience around the product, which involves, but is not limited to packaging, UI/UX and emotional/aesthetic appeal
- Perform research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
- Stay up to date on industry trends, innovations and market conditions
- Assist product manager to help realize from concept stage to product launch
- Conceptualize through mood boards, graphic illustrations, renderings, and prototypes
- Assist in current product line updates, spec and artwork updates
- Finalize tech-drawing packages and execute all product details: construction, color, form, style, packaging artwork, cost/value build requirements, etc
- A Bachelor’s degree in Product Design or Industrial Design is preferred
- 1-2 Years of design experience with a focus on music-related products will be an advantage
- Strong concept and design skills, combined with a good sense of style
- Be forward looking and sensitive to new ideas and technologies. Not afraid to innovate and challenge the norms
- Thorough computer knowledge and proficiency in Illustrator, photoshop, able to generate tech drawings
- Knowledge of CAD modeling and 3D rendering
- Enthusiastic about music, technology, innovation, new ideas, trends in the market
- A creative thinker with a great eye for detail
- Self-motivated and works efficiently under pressure
- Willing to adapt to new approaches and constantly seeking ways to improvements
- Strong organizational skills, with an outstanding verbal and visual communicative ability
- Professional level of spoken/written English; Mandarin speaking will be an advantage
- Be ready to roll up your sleeve and let’s create!
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare program
- Attractive staff discount at our academy or for purchase of musical instruments
- Relocation package available
Do include your portfolio showcasing examples of your work in your application. You can either attach the file (no larger than 10mb) in your application or send a download link.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.